Rapid Restoration of Setauket County Water Damage
SERVPRO Is Ready 24/7 to Mitigate Water Damage in Setauket County Homes
There is little time to waste when destructive water events occur in your home or business. Water spreads fast along surface materials and can rapidly infiltrate and saturate porous building elements. The moisture migration must be stopped with efficient and point emergency services completed by competent restoration professionals. Our SERVPRO team helps with rapid:
- Content management
- Bulk material removal
- Repairs and controlled demolition
The experience of our restoration crew with water damage in Setauket homes allows us to complete a variety of needed mitigation steps as soon as we arrive. Early actions are critical in saving the customer money and preventing avoidable harm and destruction to the structure. For this reason, WRT-Certified technicians are available 24/7 from our SERVPRO facility to help.
Containing the Water Damage
Establishing effective containment is an early way to reduce the necessary work in water-damaged homes and businesses. Physical barriers and powerful drying along the perimeters of a work zone greatly limit the available motion and migration of moisture. Having an established drying zone makes every drying principle easier to manage and regulate, including:
Removing Standing Water
Extraction is the most focused and effective mitigative action our SERVPRO team can take against water damage in area homes. There are several effective strategies for eliminating surface water and pooling throughout the structure with dozens of water removal tools in our inventory. Any standing water is a threat to the residence and its building materials, so the conditions must be overcome quickly with a combination of:
- Pumps - Pumps represent the most powerful extractors in our supply, from engine=driven and gas-powered trash pumps to electric submersibles for a range of standing water concerns.
- Vacuums - Often, this points to the versatility of our wet vacuum units, as these are lightweight and highly portable for multi-story structures, challenging locations, or shallow pooling.
- Deep Extraction - Attachments and extensions are a valuable resource for mitigation, as this allows water removal from carpet and padding and wood plank flooring.
Thorough Drying of Water Damage
Despite the importance and need for effective mitigation services, few actions are as critical to recovery and restoration as thorough structural drying. Our WRT-Certified technicians help in this effort through many types of restorative approaches:
- Surface Drying - Surface water that is not removed with extraction devices must be dried up with tools like air movers. Direct blasts of air across wet surfaces promote evaporation.
- Cavity Drying - When water remains trapped in structural cavities, practices, and equipment are used to overcome these concerns. From weep holes that promote airflow to the use of positive pressure systems that infuse dry air into the cavity, we can help.
- Saturated Material Drying - It is essential that the drying measures implemented in a damaged property address wet materials. Water soaks into porous elements like drywall and carpeting, requiring specific water removal and restoration techniques.
Can SERVPRO Complete Repairs?
Water emergencies often come with the need for repairs and reconstruction, which can be problematic for the customer. Unlike many restoration companies, our SERVPRO team has a general contractor license to complete needed build-back work following water restoration services in a household. This license lets us seamlessly transition to the subsequent recovery phase, saving customers time and money on pursuing a subcontractor to complete this portion of the repairs.
Water damage in the Town of Brookhaven homes can be quickly and thoroughly resolved by trusting in the fast response and thorough restoration of our SERVPRO of Port Jefferson team. Call our knowledgeable professionals today at (631) 476-5300.